The improvements include:
- Ability to filter your search by module or topic
- Additional search filters including: Last Modified Date, Boolean Search, and Search Type
- Search In: This option allows the user to select the language of the Knowledge Base (KB) articles that they want to search
Based on your feedback, online surveys, and usability studies we identified the improvements that would make the biggest impact to your ability to find and resolve your technical issues quickly.
Ability to filter your search by module or topic – A product driven module/topic list is now available in the Knowledge Base search. This will allow customers to perform more granular searches by limiting their search results to a specific module.
Ability to filter by Last Modified Date - Users will be able to use this filter to focus their search on articles that have been modified in the last 30 or 60 days.
Boolean search – This will customize your search to include or exclude words or groups of words by using Boolean expressions to perform smarter searches:
- AND shows pages that contain both of the words specified.
- OR shows pages that contain either of the words specified.
- AND NOT shows pages that do not contain the word specified.
Search Type - Allows you to search more efficiently by selecting different types of search depending on your requirements.
- Full Text is the default search type, and this will search the whole article for the search words entered.
- Title Only will match the search words in an article title. The title words do not have to be in the exact order, and the article body will not be searched. This should result in faster search performance.
- Article ID will match the specific KB article ID number. If Article ID is selected, the number entered a must be a valid Knowledge Base article number, for example type 235678 in the For field and select Article ID.
- Error Message will match words in an error message. If you select Error Message in the Search Type box, type all or part of the error message to find articles that reference the error.
Search In - Users whose default VOICE profile language is set to a language other than English will have a search in toggle control appear to allow a search to be performed in the default language or in US-English. This will allow customers to quickly and easily change their search language and find articles in both English and their own language.
Additional tips and information can be found in the Knowledge Base Search Tips document. If you are looking for answers to technical questions related to other Microsoft products that are not included in the Microsoft Business Solutions product family, visit http://support.microsoft.com. If you are still encountering any issues with the Microsoft Knowledge Base, use the feedback form located on the Knowledge Base Search page and on every article. Be sure to include your email address if you wish to receive a response.