Friday, November 20, 2015
Describes the new feature in Field Service where kit items may be used on Field Service transactions in Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010.
This feature will provide the ability to process kit items in Field Service.
Service Call Management
- Kits may be parts for ECO’s.
- Kits may be entered as parts on a service call.
- Components may be added, deleted, or changed on a service call.
- The unit price for a kit will calculate based on standard kit functionality.
- Taxes will be based on the items sales tax or purchase tax option from the Item Master.
- Purchase orders can be created from the kit component but not from the kit item itself.
- Kit items may be entered on the contract line but the component items will not be displayed.
- Kit components may be used on the next level on a configuration.
- Kits may be entered on RMA documents and the components may be added, deleted, or changed.
- If the RMA has an Origin of Sales Invoice or Service Call, you may only mark to return the components.
- Kit components may be processed to RTV’s, Scrapped to Inventory, Returned to Stock, or processed to a work order.
- Kit items may not be returned to stock, only the components.
- A new field has been added to the RMA Line Cross-Ship/Replacement windows. This field will determine whether the kit components on the replacement or cross-ship order document should come from the Kit Item Master or from the RMA Kit Items Component lines.
- RTV’s currently do not have kit functionality.
- Kit items may be entered as parts on PM Events.
- Generated service calls will include the kit item and the components based on the Kit Item Master.
- Kits may be entered on a work order parts line or through Parts Posting.
- Only inventory type kit components will be used.
- The Inbound and Outbound item number fields will not allow a