23 January 2020
This page includes information about Goods and Services Tax (GST) for India for the following product versions: Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 SP1, Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2, Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3.
To address Indian GST requirements, a new, configurable tax engine was introduced. For more information about the Tax engine (GTE), see
Tax engine overview.
The following documents are available for download:
Microsoft Dynamics India GST AX 2012 R3
Microsoft Dynamics India GST AX 2012 R2
Microsoft Dynamics India GST AX 2009 SP1
The release package includes the India GST hotfix for AX 2009 SP1. You can also download the release hotfix.
Additionally, you will need to apply a second hotfix after you apply the release hotfix.
The second hotfix is available and can only be applied if the Release hotfix has first been applied.
The second hotfix package contains fixes for following issues:
- Tax information issues for service management and project management
- dimension issues
- Stock transfer tax information issue
- Related voucher to transfer interim payable account from payable account is not posted
- Invoice ID mismatch with the Item transaction invoice ID (Credit note can't be created)
- Company default address can't be used in tax information
- Multiple line AR invoice amount posted wrong sign entries
- TCS amount is not reversed by credit note
- Regression on service tax LOI 100%
- Partial Packing slip for PO in invoice after Match product receipts cannot update Assessable value
- Transfer order should be excluded from tax document calculation
- Non-business percentage does not follow to tax document for STO receiving
- Error triggers on reversing vendor or customer transaction
After you apply the second hotfix, you must complete the following steps.
- Go to General ledger > Setup > Sales tax > India > Tax setup.
- Click Configuration
- Click Initialize.
Download update 1 file
Important information for private and public preview users
If you previously installed the India GST private or public preview releases, there is no upgrade path from these earlier releases to the GA releases. You cannot go live with either the private or public preview releases.