On this page:
All modified reports and forms dictionaries must be updated in Utilities following the database update of a service pack, hotfix or compliance update install for Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0, Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 and Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013.
Please refer to the steps below for updating the modified reports and forms:
1. Verify the locations of all modified reports and forms dictionaries. The paths can be found in the Dynamics.set file in each Microsoft Dynamics GP installation. The default install folder for Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 is C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\GP. The default install folder for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 is C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\GP2010.
2. Create a backup of all modified dictionaries by exporting all modified reports and forms to a package file.
NOTE: Even though there is not a reports and forms upgrade process for Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0, it is highly recommended to export out all modified reports and forms.
a. Click Microsoft Dynamics GP | Tools | Customize | Customization Maintenance.
b. Click the first report or form in the list.
c. Scroll to the bottom of the list, hold down the Shift key and click the last report or form in the list to highlight all reports.
d. Click Export.
e. Browse to a desired location.
f. Click OK.
3. After the database update is successful in Microsoft Dynamics GP Utilities, the Additional Tasks window will appear. Choose Update Modified Forms and Reports and click Process. The Locate Launch File window appears.
4. Verify the location of the launch file (Dynamics.set). This is the path to the Microsoft Dynamics GP Dynamics.set file that contains the correct path to the modified reports and forms. In most cases you can accept the default location.
5. Click Next. The Update Modified Forms and Reports window appears. Only those products that have a modified dictionary to update will appear.
6. Mark the check box next to the first product. Click Details to verify the path to the original dictionary file. For example, the original dictionary for Microsoft Dynamics GP is the Dynamics.dic. When the service pack, hotfix or compliance update is installed, a backup folder is created and the original dictionaries are copied to that folder. For example, if the current version was Service Pack 3, the version folder would be named "Version10.0.1223.0Backup". Click OK to accept the location.
NOTE: The version number for the backup folder is taken from the Version registry entry for that install of Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 and Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010. The registry location is the following:
Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Business Solutions\Great Plains\1033\Default or Inst0X\Setup
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Business Solutions\Great Plains\1033\Default or Inst0X\Setup
Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Business Solutions\Great Plains\v11.0\1033\Default or Inst0X\Setup
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Business Solutions\Great Plains\v11.0\1033\Default or Inst0X\Setup
Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Business Solutions\Great Plains\v12.0\1033\Default or Inst0X\Setup
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Business Solutions\Great Plains\v12.0\1033\Default or Inst0X\Setup
7. Repeat Step 6 for all products listed.
8. Click Update. A Report Upgrade Progress window displays the status of the update. When the process finishes, click Close.
NOTE: An Update%PRODUCT%.log file is created in the Data folder of the Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 and Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 installation. This report lists the update details for each dictionary. The default location is C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\GP\Data for Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 and C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\GP2010\Data for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010.
9. In the Update Modified Forms and Reports window, click Next. The Additional Tasks window opens where you can start Microsoft Dynamics GP or exit Microsoft Dynamics GP Utilities.
10. We recommend that you start Microsoft Dynamics GP and verify you can print all modified reports and access all modified forms.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO CUSTOMERS
We recommend that you contact your Microsoft Dynamics Partner before installing service packs or hot fixes. It is important to verify that your environment is compatible with the service pack(s), hot fix(es), or download(s) being installed. A service pack, hot fix, or download may cause interoperability issues with customizations, and third-party products that work with your Microsoft Dynamics solution.
For technical support questions, contact your partner or, if enrolled in a support plan directly with Microsoft, you can enter a new support request to Microsoft Dynamics® Technical Support from CustomerSource or PartnerSource under Support >>
New Support Request.
You can also contact Microsoft Dynamics® Technical Support by phone using these links for country specific phone numbers.
Global Support Contacts (requires PartnerSource login)
Global Support Contacts