The Payroll Integration feature will allow Field Service to integrate to Payroll for labor and indirect labor from Service Call Management and Depot Management.
To use the Payroll Integration feature, there is some set up required.
- On the Microsoft Dynamics GP menu, point to Tools, point to Setup, point to Project, and then click Service Setup and select US Payroll in the Payroll Integration option.
- Click the Service button and select the Default Work Types. You must make sure you have marked Post to Payroll on the Work Type Maintenance window for the work type you select and verify an hourly pay code or a based on hourly pay code is being used.
- On the Cards menu, point to Service Call Management, and then click Technician. Select a technician and then select an Employee ID to link to the technician.
- On the Cards menu, point to Depot Management, and then click Stations. Select the station you want to include labor for and mark the Post To Payroll checkbox and enter an hourly or based off hourly Pay Code.
- Indirect Labor
You may enter indirect labor and use a work type that is marked to post to payroll, this labor will be included when you run the integration to payroll utility.
- Service Call Entry – Labor
You may enter a labor line on a service call and if the Work Type is marked to post to payroll, the labor will be included when you run the integration to payroll utility.
If you marked to Use Pay Rate in Service Setup, the Pay Rate Amount from the Employy Pay Code is used in the Unit Cost field on the labor line.
- Work Order – Labor Entry
You may enter labor in the Labor Posting window for a work order. If the Station ID is marked to post to payroll, this labor will be included when you run the integration to payroll utility.
Post Labor to Payroll Utility
To run the utility, on the Microsoft Dynamics GP menu, point to Tools, point to Utilities, point to Project, and then click Service Utilities. In this window, you will need to select or create a Payroll batch and enter the pay period.
When you click the Process button, the system will create payroll transactions based on the dates entered. It will use the SVC00120 (svcPayroll Labor Line) table to find those records that fall within the Start and End dates and have a POSTED status of 0 and those transactions will be added to the payroll batch.
After the payroll transactions are created, they are posted in payroll as regular payroll transactions.